Owner, NRA Instructor, RSO, Self-Defense Instructor
- Doug is the Owner of WSA. Doug's background is not military or police, but strictly civilian. As a Muay Thai Champion he trained and trained with some of the bast people in the world. He has been shooting since he was a young boy growing up in California, and brings his firearms and fight experience to the business. He is a no-nonsense instructor, and wants to make sure you are hitting the target safely and accurately. During instruction, he will often bring in his fight philosophy and training strategy to bring everything together for his students.
Owner, Marketing Manager, HR, and Lots of Other Things
- Lora co-owns White Shark Arms with her husband, Doug. She focuses on all of the behind-the-scenes tasks that keep the place running so that Doug and the other Instructors can focus on the customers. Lora has worked as a Special Education Instructor, a personal assistant, a kitchen and bath designer, and at "a billion other jobs". Her favorite time at the Range is League Night when it's Disco Theme Night. Lora was a skater with Paradise Roller Girls, and announced for a few of their bouts at the Civic. She also runs a successful seamstress business on the side, and you can sometimes see her creations in the Lobby and ProShop.
- Born here in Hilo, Hawaii, Mario has been in the customer service industry for over 20 years. Always a people person, he enjoys working with people to help them build up their confidence with firearms. He is on the range as a Range Safety Officer to make sure you have a safe and rewarding experience.
RSO, Self-Defense and NRA Instructor
- Karl was born in Flint, Michigan and raised in Benton Harbor, Michigan. He enlisted in the US Army and Airforce, and is Retired Army Reserves. He has trained in martial arts since age 12. He is a Jeet Kune Do/Filipino Martial Arts Instructor, NRA Pistol and Rifle Instructor, and our Self-Defense Trainer. He was trained by one of the recipients of the prestigious Presidents Hundred Shooter Club in Rifle. He is also an NASM Strength Conditioning Trainer and a US Army Master Fitness Trainer.
- Originally from Washington, but making Hilo is home, Sage is our newest Team Member. He is a Medic for the Army Reserves and is a great addition to our Team.